Monday 3 October 2011

My London Fashion Week...

I thought this year, instead of doing a generic blog about the best designs and top trends for S/S12 like I did last Fashion Week, I would blog about my experience during London Fashion Week attending press days. Something your unlikely to read about.


The venue for the highlight of the fashion calender in London is set in the beautiful Somerset House. And for the top British Brands the weather was glorious and the atmosphere was electric. I took a few snaps so you would get a sense of the layout and what London Fashion Week actually looks like.



So I had the pleasure of attending both an interactive exhibition and a runway show where the brands exhibit their S/S 12 collections. The first press day I attended was from Orla Kiely they had an interactive exhibition, where basically the models stand on platforms and show the garments.







The collection was very retro British Seaside inspired and I think it incorporated the top trends well, in a wearable effortless way.

The other press day, was in the form on an intimate runway show by a fairly unknown designer from Designers Remix- Charlotte Eskildsen, judging from her S/S12 collection I don't think she will be unknown for too long.  The pieces were beautiful and well tailored and she used the must have colours of the season Mustard and Tango.










Don't forget you can follow me on Twitter and Bloglovin.

Until next time... x

No comments:

Post a Comment