Monday 18 July 2011

Haute Couture Fashion week

I know this is about a week to late, but work has been crazy with trade shows coming up and the launch of a new season beckoning. So better late than never is my top three at Couture Fashion Week. I'm of to London Fashion week this September but I can't imagine it being quite as amazing as Couture Fashion Week with the exquisite hand made one offs it's where fashion truly meets Art.

My First of the top three of the week goes to Jean Paul Gaultier, his reinvention and homage to his classics makes this a really exciting collection, particularly with his make of unisex couture, and male models on the runway. With his designs including tailored tutus and corsets with key trends of pleating and draping, this really was a collection to be proud of. And  there was a great and welcomed surprise in the form of Erin O'Conner, it was great to see her on the runway again, she looked fantastic.





This was the first time in 15 years without John Galliano being Creative Director for Couture Christion Dior and he was noticeably missing. Although I liked Bill Gayyten's collection it just wasn't Galliano. With the pastel palette and graphic prints it was a fun collection, I particularly liked the embellishments and massive bobbles in the models hair. Ra Ra skirts was a huge trend in this collection and I think most of us won't ever afford couture but a Ra Ra once Couture flows to designer to high street is a certain wearable possibility. This whole collection was playful it reminds me of candyfloss on acid and I think fun in fashion is always good it's a shame this is Bill's first and last couture collection for Dior, as he certainly has potential but with his departure does this mean maybe Galliano could be back?





And last but very much not least is Chanel. Karl Lagerfeld can do no wrong and this collection inspired by Coco Chanel herself was stunning. The boater hats are exquisite and if anyone has one going spare I WANT IT!!! The classic tweed jackets had an update with a broad shoulder offset by nipped in waists that comes in vibrant magenta and navys. There was a definite lack of flesh showing and I think the strict governess look benefited from that, just going to show that less can definitely be more sexy.





As always leave a comment, what did you think about Haute Couture Fashion Week?

And don't forgot to add me to bloglovin and google reader! 

Email: dolcevitaoffashion@hotmail.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment